Johns Creek High School is participating in the 2018-19 Hines Ward Positive Athlete Program. Anyone can nominate an JCHS Athlete or Coach for this program from now until March 15th, 2019. All nominees are eligible for sponsorship prizes and scholarship opportunities. Positive Athletes and Coaches who are nominated should personify the programs “Seven Definitions of a Positive Athlete”:
- Optimistic – Most coaches will tell you that an athlete who believes positive things will happen has a greater chance for success.
- Encouraging – In every sport, teammates are going to experience some kind of failure. Positive Athletes are the first ones to encourage them.
- Servant Leader – Positive Athletes do not think about being the “stars of the team.” They lead through serving others first and by setting an example.
- Heart For Others – Many athletes are blessed with gifts that many others are not. The Positive Athlete seeks to help the less gifted or fortunate.
- Admits Imperfections – This is Positive Athlete…not Perfect Athlete. Athletes willing to admit they make mistakes gain the respect of teammates and fans.
- Always Gives 100% – Not every athletic competition goes as planned, but a Positive Athlete always gives 100% no matter what the scoreboard says.
- Puts Team First – There are times when personal achievement may hurt the team’s goal. Positive Athletes choose their team.
Submit the name of your favorite Gladiator Athlete and/or Coach and tell why they are the perfect example of what the Positive Athlete Program is all about. Use the link below to submit your nomination; it only takes 5 minutes of your time.