Effective Monday, March 16th; all GHSA spring athletic events are postponed for two weeks. This is in accordance with the request of Governor Kemp and the suggestion of closing schools and all activities to help combat the Covid-19 virus pandemic. On March 27th, GHSA will reevaluate the current situation along with the Governors office, State Health Organizations, and the different school systems. Here is what you need to know as of today:
- All Fulton County Schools are closed until further notice. Online learning will take place each day of the week. Make sure sure that your student is checking their FCS email account and activity working with their teachers.
- All GHSA activities across the state of Georgia are suspending at least until March 27th. At that time, the GHSA office will reevaluate spring athletics with local and state leadership.
- The Johns Creek High School campus is closed. No students should be on campus for any kind of athletic event or training.
- We are encouraging every athlete to practice social distancing along with proper hygiene and hand washing sanitation to combat Covid-19
- Coaches are allowed to contact athletes and encourage them to do the following:
- Complete online work to maintain academic eligibility.
- Use online film so athletes can study proper skills to improve on.
- Give possible training exercises and techniques to use at home will practicing social distancing.
We are all in this together as a community, state, nation, and global community. We will overcome this challenge and work to get stronger in the process. We encourage you to reach out to your head coaches for more information. We will keep you up to date with any new information as soon as we can.
Thank you and GO GLADIATORS!!!