The Gladiator Cross Country Board has many opportunities for parents to get involved. Any of these positions, with exception of Treasurer and Secretary, can be co-chaired.
The President shall preside at all meetings and attend Gladiators Athletic Association meetings as representative for Cross Country. The President coordinates and supports the other members of board in their functions and duties.
The Treasurer shall keep records of income and expenditures and maintain up to date budget. The treasurer prepares necessary paperwork and presents all payables and deposits to the GAA and JCHS accounts. Sports club are not permitted to have individual bank accounts.
Vice Presidents Operations
The Vice President of Operations shall oversee activities related to the sport clubs operations that the Head Coach(es) specify. These may include Ice Cream Social, Kick Off, Meet Snacks, Team Social Events, T3, and Banquet. In the absence of the President, the VP of Operations shall act perform his/her duties.
Vice President Fundraising
The Vice President of Fundraising primary responsibility is to design, order, and distribute Spirit Wear. Currently must operate within the parameters of the Fulton County contract and work with Eastbay and Under Armour for all team apparel.
The Secretary records and keeps the minutes of all meetings of the Sport Club and is responsible for getting those minutes to the Association Secretary prior to the Associations monthly meetings.
- Communicates to team and family member’s information regarding events, practices, and meets. Email distribution list set up on Constant Contact and Text Alerts set up through VNN (Varsity News Network)
- Compose write up at conclusion of meet that highlights individual and team notable performances. Submits article to GAA newsletter, Morning announcements, Website, and Johns Creek Herald.
- Create schedule of volunteers for meets, coordinate week of meet with volunteers to ensure all equipment needs covered for meet.
- Maintains website with up to date information provided by coaches and communications chair. Coordinates with VNN to have information on web site in a format/platform that is usable for Cross Country Team. Coordinates with VP-Fundraising for technical support for Spirit Wear.
- Coordinates with Banquet Venue, currently the Atlanta Athletic Club, for date of event, menu, room arrangement, and headcount numbers.
Meet Snack Coordinator
- Maintains snack bin supplies, orders food if necessary, and coordinates with volunteers to ensure snacks brought to each meet. Contact person for snack volunteers.